Accounting Education Institute and Jim Colville, CPA have teamed together to present a series of Excel classes due to a renewed interest in advanced topics such as Vlookup, Pivot Tables and other features that enhance our work. Many user realize that they need guidance or training to keep them on the right track and to be able to get their work done on time. Join us for the second session in this series.
When: Saturday, August 20th - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Where: Crown Plaza Hotel, Mission Valley. Directions
You will learn:
- Overlooked basics, simplified
- VLOOKUP function;
- Pivot Tables
- Conditional math; COUNTIF and SUMIF
- List Comparison, highlight changes
- Date arithmetic, beyond the basics
- Save time using functions beyond the basics with POWER
- Learn the concept of Zero Time Reporting
- Enhance your existing knowledge
- Learn what's missing in your daily work...resulting in time savings
- The exercises will be done using Excel 2007 and 2010. Some reference will be made to Excel 2003.
What do we mean by Zero Time Reporting? Many times we have a substantially completed Excel project and report. Then new data come in or there' last minute revisions.
About Jim Colville
Jim has over 30 years experience as a CPA offering traditional CPA services. A key segment of his practice is working with both simple and complex data sets. He understands data flow and how to make the most of it using both high-end software and off-the-shelf, end-user software. He has been working with data warehousing and business intelligence long before the terms became common language.
Jim has developed a wide variety of powerful Excel-based financial statement and tax programs and has been doing so since the first version of Lotus 1-2-3. He believes that programs such as Excel, when used properly, can be extremely valuable tools and huge time savers.
His design philosophy is "zero time": once the data is entered, the reports are "done".